Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Power of Smile..

About Sixteen years ago I was struggling to build my career.  After the college hours, I was working as an consulting editor for the local newspaper to earn some money.  I used to work till midnight and then get the bus to go home. One day before going to the newspaper office, I went to the next restaurant to have a tea. The restaurant was small and crowded. I saw an elderly couple come in with a little girl in a wheelchair. As I looked closer at this girl, I saw that she was kind of perched on her chair. I then realized she had no arms or legs, just a head, neck and torso. She was wearing a little white dress with red polka dots. They took the girl outside the wheel chair and came inside. Couple was looking for the place to seat and they found one near to me. I turned my head toward the girl while having the sip of tea and gave her a wink. I looked back at the girl, who was giving me the cutest, largest smile I have ever seen. All of a sudden her handicap was gone and all I saw was this beautiful girl, whose smile just melted me and almost instantly gave me a completely new sense of what life is all about. She took me from a poor, unhappy college student and brought me into her world; a world of smiles, love and warmth. That was Sixteen years ago. I'm a successful professional now and whenever I get down and think about the troubles of the world, I think about that little girl and the remarkable lesson about life that she taught me. 

No comments:

You may also like these.. please read